Repurposing the Bassett Centre in Camborne

The Basset Community Hub project is located on Basset Road in the heart of Camborne Town Centre. Led by Camborne Town Council, the project has secured funding from the UK Government’s Towns Fund and matched funding from Cornwall Council.

Re-purposing Redruth’s market

Redruth’s market was built in 1825-26 at the instigation of local landowner Sir Francis Basset (1757-1835). The name ‘Buttermarket’ was first used in 1884, with its focus being on fish, meat and shoes. The meat market was destroyed by fire in 1982 and rebuilt as a shopping arcade in 2001. In 2017 the Buttermarket buildings and Mining Exchange were bought by the Redruth Revival Community Interest Company (CIC).